Monday, November 28, 2011

snaterday

We started our day with a hike in Topanga Canyon.

Erin  loved the blue skies.

After our hike we grabbed lunch then headed to the coast to explore The Getty Villa, which is funded by the same organization as the Getty Center. 




There was a large collection of these busts. Great statues, but I could not get over their eyes.  They creep me out!!  
The ceilings there are so elaborate.  They are pictured above next to the eyes...I mean sculptures... 


The Villa is beautiful, but in my opinion cannot compare to the Getty Center. There is a draw that the Center has, I could go again and again.  The Villa held my attention for a while, but I don't have a desire to go back.  Just a different style and feel, I guess.


Next we drove to the restaurant we went to earlier in the week, Back to the Beach Cafe, in Santa Monica. 

We got a table on the beach and ate appetizers while the sun set.  I told Erin, I have never seen a more beautiful or vibrant sunset.  It was amazing. 







Later, when Ashley came home from work, we drove to a local restaurant in Topanga Canyon called, Froggy's Topanga Fish Market Restaurant. Looks like a dump from the outside, but it's full of quirk, delicious food, and wierdos.



People there were friendly and love living in Topanga.  The bartender told us the area is full of artists and musicians.



We discovered that it also contains an expert in evolutionary astrology. I don't know what it is or come close to having an idea.. all I could gather was that this guy explaining it to us was very strange and also interesting.  He had a thick gray beard and long hair that looked like a gray triangle from the top of his head to his shoulders.  When he got passionate about what he was saying he'd gather his hair up and pull it back like he was going to put it in a pony tail - almost as if this motion helped him gather up these bizarre theories and ideas.

It was interesting talking to him, as we sat by the fire and enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant, but as the conversation got more peculiar, we decided to leave.

1 comment:

  1. i can't help but read your posts about Topanga Canyon and pronounce it as "toooopaaaaaaanga!" like corey from Boy Meets World. i just can't help it. am i alone in these thoughts?

    ReplyDelete