Thursday, October 13, 2011

paperwork and pool time


Today was our first official day of work.

It was purely administrative, and not at the hospital.  It was in Culver City. We left two and half hours early because we’ve heard bad tales about traffic.  After driving 26 miles in an hour and ten minutes we got breakfast at Mama Lee’s patio café. It was a little joint near the building we were reporting to.

Mama Lee is a business woman with a thick Korean accent.  She has been running the café for years and was featured in People magazine a few years ago.  The café was this hole-in-the-wall place with a dirty bathroom/broom closet, but great food and prices. Mama Lee told me if I didn’t turn the light off in the bathroom when I was done she would spank me and sue me for $10,000. 

I turned the light off.

After 3 hours of paperwork and acceptance of a per diem Nursing job with Nurse Finders, in addition to the Kaiser Permanente job, we drove home.


This drive was also long.. and hot!

After work we went to the pool at our apt complex and soaked up the October sun.


Ashley taking the plunge.







After dinner I went to a Pilates class that the main building in our complex hosts.  Luckily for me, residents can go to these classes for free.  It kicked my butt..I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow.. can't wait to go next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment