Friday, October 26, 2012

fall time

Last Sunday, Matt, Cyndi, and I went to Lattins Cider Mill.










Despite the crowd, we got caramel apples, cider, apple fritters, and pumpkin fries. After our fall time treats, we drove down the road and stopped at Hunter Farm's Pumpkin Patch.



Cyndi and I were so happy to be at the pumpkin patch we were giddy with excitement. This time of year is so fun and full of anticipation for the holiday season. I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it; I love being in a colder climate for the fall and winter. LA was beautiful, but I missed the changing leaves, frosty mornings, and snow filled clouds last year.



Today I ran errands, one of which was getting my oil changed and tires rotated.  After stopping at two different places that told me they couldn't rotate tires, I was getting a little irritated. I decided just to call ahead and ask instead of wasting more time.  The man on the phone of the next business I would try said they could do both services and that it wasn't busy, so I should head over. When I arrived, the drive up to the garage was down a long lane created by ropes and cones. It snaked through a parking lot and up to the door. Someone came out to greet me, and I immediately recognized his voice as the man I had just spoken to on the phone. When I made my request for an oil change and tire rotation, he said, "we can't rotate tires here." I challenged that statement and brought up the fact I spoke to him not 15 minutes prior, and he didn't say that then. After another denial that they could provide that service, I rolled up my window and put the car in reverse.  The man made a gesture and said, "you can turn around here", but instead I started backing up through the obstacle course of ropes and cones. About half way through, another man came jogging up, put his arms in the air, and shouted, "turn around, turn around!" He motioned for me to do a three point turn, but instead, I looked at him, and just kept backing up.  After snaking my car the whole way back through the maze, I stopped and looked up to see 4 employees all staring at me, shaking their heads.  If I interpreted their thoughts correctly, I believe it was something like, "you ass." Honestly, I don't know what came over me.  I don't know why I didn't stop and turn around as they had suggested through various shouts, but I made it through. Without bumping one rope, knocking over any cones, or getting my damn tires rotated.


Other than enjoying simple and brisk fall days lately, nothing too exciting has been happening.  Next week Laura Haile is arriving for a few days' visit, and I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Is rotating tires a "Pittsburghism" like chipped ham or something? Geez, who would have though it would be so difficult?

    ReplyDelete