Wednesday, July 11, 2012

red rocks and explanations for short term language.

After work today I went to explore Red Rocks Park.



It's beautiful there.




There's a big amphitheater where they show movies and have concerts.




The park and amphitheater are open all the time and there were people exercising and running up and down the stairs.  There are signs all through the park that say, "Altitude getting to you?" then they encourage you to sit down and take your pulse. Well I didn't pass out, but I did do some huffin' and puffin'.


So to explain my use for the words, "potentially", "temporary", and etc.  These words were utilized simply because I don't know what will happen when my contract here is up in 3 months.  I could maybe stay, I might go home or elsewhere.  Lately the downsides of travel nursing; orientation, moving, being far from family, not being part of a community, have been weighing on me.  I miss the comfort and familiar. I also miss being a part of a church.  So that has me thinking, 'do I want to keep traveling for long?'


Well, I don't know, so instead of stressing about it, I'm trying to take each day at a time.  For now, I'm in CO and will work hard at this job, explore a new area, find a church, and look for ways to volunteer (I'm far too selfish with my time). Luckily this hospital and area seem to meet a few of those needs. 

Also, wintertime in these mountains is calling to me..

No comments:

Post a Comment