In high school I loved amusement parks. My friends and I would go, and as long as I stayed away from the spinning rides I'd feel great and we had a good time. However, it's been a couple-a years since I've ridden a coaster..
I convinced my friend to ride a roller coaster with me and I wish I hadn't.
When it was done I felt like I had gotten beat up. And his sunglasses broke.
I can't believe it.. I'm too old for this.
So instead we did the old timer thing and spent the day walking around the park and watching the marina and zoo animal shows.
The dolphin and whale shows were so cool. They did all kinds of tricks and jumps.
The whale had a bad attitude so they had to cut the show short.. The trainers kept saying, "if everybody claps and cheers for Shokula, maybe she will stay and play!!"
I didn't know whales had feelings..
Saturday night I went to see the super moon over the city. The sky was so clear. It was beautiful..
Sunday I went to church then slept all day because I worked at night.
Finally Ashley and I got to work together!
For Nurse's week too :)
Monday, post night shift, I went to wineries with some fellow travelers.
This is Brittany and her husband Matt. They are from Georgia and after they got married a year ago decided to travel for a little while.
Leah's in the middle. She is from Illinois and has great advice for us all the time. She's been traveling for almost 3 years.
This is Frank, Brittany's landlord, and a retired doctor. He knows a lot about wine so he was our tour guide today. He and his wife took us to their favorite wineries, bought us lunch, and made us laugh all day.
First up was Beringer winery.
It was so beautiful and hot out.
And the winery is gorgeous.
We went to two more wineries, I can't remember the names.. At the second one we sat outside and had a great lunch and conversation.
Castello di Amorosa we just drove up and looked at. We had our fill of wine tasting for the day :)
After that we went to Brittany and Matt's and took a nap then went out for dinner.
We've met great people on these assignments and I'm already getting sad about parting from them. Oddly enough most of these people want to go to North Carolina next and are doing everything they can to convince me to go East too..
Not yet..
No comments:
Post a Comment