Friday, January 6, 2012

Pennsylvania

So obviously it's no longer 2 days until I go home.. Needless to say I got behind on blogging because my visit home was a lovely whirlwind.  Then I left PA at 7 degrees Wednesday night and started 4 shifts in a row Thursday.




Today you find me half way through the marathon of 4 12 hour shifts in a row, still smiling from a great visit with family and friends.

Let me express that visit through pictures.. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do :)

Flew out of LAX Wednesday night..

layover in Chicago - - 

Finally in PA! We stopped at Sheetz for lunch, per my request :)

Thursday -- skiing at 7Springs with my dad. And our routine stop at Sheetz for peppermint hot choco on the way home

Ayesha spent a lot of time sleeping on my clothes :)

my niece Teagan.

Friday I was struck with a plague that had recently gone through my family. Luckily I felt better in the evening and was able to be at our family's 2nd Christmas.

my old christmas ornament.

My grandparents recently moved and found a box of aprons that my Great Grandmother had hand made in the 40s/50s.  They were able to give them to us girls - each one somehow matched our personalities and styles perfectly.  It was so sweet. 


Saturday was New Years Eve. I got to ring in the new year with some old friends and my sister, Jocelyn and her husband Mike. 







Sunday was a little more chill - I went to church, helped my parents around the house, then went to my Aunt Jayne's for the game and pork and sauerkraut.
tired from too much partying

After hanging out at my Aunt's I spent the night at my sister Andrea's house, with Christmas lights, Teagan the bee, Friends on DVD, and dogs. 




Monday I went to Pittsburgh for the whole day 

my old apt - 2nd floor ^








It was so much fun to see everyone and hang out like we used to.

Tuesday I spent the day with a friend from college, Bryan.  In the afternoon I got a tattoo...


15701 is Indiana's zip code.  It's kind of silly, I know, but being away from home has made Indiana so much more special to me.  It's where, as a family, we will always come back together.  Things were just as they always have been when we all came together this week - we were silly, we laughed together, cried together, stayed up late watching movies together, drank morning coffee together, skied together, did chores together.. I could go on.  I love my family, I love Indiana, and no matter where I go, 15701 will be my favorite place.


Tuesday night, Jocelyn had a few people over for a great dinner and hanging out.

Wednesday was my last day in Indiana.  It started with a beautiful sunrise.




We enjoyed lunch on Andrea, then my mom took me to the airport. It was a bittersweet goodbye, especially with not knowing for sure when I will see everyone again, thought it will  most likely be June. 


But I was ready to come back and keep enjoying this time in sunny SoCal with Ashley.



2 comments:

  1. holy cow! i somehow did not think that was a real tattoo when you posted the picture on facebook! i thought it was a neat editing trick. silly me! very fun, i like it. i'm so glad you got to visit, can't wait to come explore a new city with one once you get settled in at your next placement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I almost teared up looking at all your photos. : ) It was such a treat to see you, friend. I love the idea behind your tattoo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete