Friday, January 27, 2012

Carlsbad

Lately I've been plagued with a touch of homesickness.  Not enough to make me question being in Cali, but just enough to my make a lil' sad sometimes.  I miss my family, especially in the winter, my favorite time of year. 

So when I got a text from my cousin Matt saying that he was in Carlsbad, CA, I was happy to drive down for a visit.  Matt is stationed in the state of Washington but they sent him down to Carlsbad to help train some Marines preparing to go over seas. 

Wednesday I woke up early, went to the gym, ran some errands, then hit the road for the 2hr drive South.







It was a beautiful, sunny 77 degrees.  I spent the early afternoon sitting on the beach reading Vogue and people watching.





it's a big surf town


At 1 o'clock I went to a famous spa in Carlsbad called, Carlsbad Mineral Spa.  I had a soak in a mineral bath, a massage, and a facial.  Have you ever experienced any of these things? 



I'm already thinking about justifying another visit to a masseuse.  

Once Matt was done with work I picked him up then we went for a walk through Carlsbad and on the beach for sunset. 





It was great to see Matt and spend time with family. 

Now how about another pic of that sunset?



2 comments:

  1. So perfect! And I can't believe you went there!! (both the spa and the caves)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! Time with family! I have never done any of those things, but I am glad you have. : )

    ReplyDelete